Courtesy of Atlas Takes Aim
One of our computers is feeling a bit forlorn so Eben Design is looking for a Marketing Intern to join our agency. Take a look at the job description below. If you or someone you know fits the bill, feel free to apply or forward them this information.
WHAT IT IS
Marketing internship at a branding, design and marketing agency (course credit optional)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Some of the main tasks you’ll be doing will encompass a mix of different skills. Here’s a brief overview of some of the things we’re looking for:
- Create, write and upload press releases
- Research and identify potential clients and report to sales department
- Reach out and connect with potential clients via e-mails and/or cold calls
- Conduct client-based online research and/or internal project research
- Provide support for our business development and marketing departments
- Develop a plan for Eben Design to better connect with target markets
- Assist in clerical tasks and responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- Knowledge of how a design agency operates
- Understanding of what branding is and the processes behind it
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multifaceted, communication-oriented agency with a team of creative thinkers
- Development and refinement of marketing and sales/consulting skills
- There’s always room to grow here at Eben Design
- We can also work with your school for course credit
WHO WE ARE
We’re a small, close-knit group of people who range from designers, Web developers, account managers, internal support, marketing and sales staff. All of us work hard to make Eben Design what it is: an award-winning branding, marketing and interactive agency whose mission is to help forward-thinking companies create influential, long-lasting and authentic brands. We have fun doing what we do and we love the creative industry we work in. We’re a hard-working mix of sustainability advocates, guitar players, beer & wine drinkers, dog lovers, design nerds, video gamers, Hello Kitty enthusiasts, Huskies, Vikings, Cougars and Geoducks.
WHO YOU ARE
Junior or Senior in a college institution majoring in either communications, marketing and/or sales who is computer savvy, outgoing, organized and able to work in a pet-friendly environment. Ability to multi-task and strong writing skills is required. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is important for your role here at Eben Design. Having graphic design, web development, social media or PR experience is also a big plus. Experience with Mac and PC platforms is ideal. Having reliable transportation to Eben Design also helps.
WHEN YOU’LL BE HERE
Flexible hours, around three to four times a week, Monday – Friday, at our Green Lake office for three to five hours a day. Hours can range between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Internships will start end of May or early June for a duration of three to four months. We understand students have busy schedules and can adjust the start date and length of internship as needed.
DEADLINE & HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be received electronically or via snail mail by 6 p.m. Friday, May 7th 2010. Deadline Extended: All applications must be received electronically or via snail mail by 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 12th 2010. If you’re interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Cover letters can be addressed to our Marketing Coordinator, Lisa Wong. If you’d like to mail your cover letter and resume, please send it to:
- ATTN: Lisa Wong
- Eben Design
- 7221 Fifth Ave. NE
- Seattle, WA 98115
About the Author